Leadership Development For Teens
Junior Leadership Academy (JLA) is a program designed to promote leadership development by helping teens identify their own characteristics, personality traits, and strengths to best understand how they can be successful in any area of their choosing.
The curriculum will acquaint participants with community needs, opportunities, challenges and resources. It will give them the tools to develop leadership, communication and team building skills and provide them with the channels to interact with students from other schools, community leaders and decision makers.
- Encourage students to recognize and develop the skills needed for leadership potential.
- Provide opportunities for a diverse group of students to interact with one another and with community leaders and decision makers.
- Acquaint students with community needs, resources and other aspects of the greater North Augusta area.
- Introduce students to emerging career opportunities by working with a variety of professionals. They will also discover what it takes to reach their goals and acquire some of the skills needed to get there.
- Foster students’ interest in volunteer community service.
Attention rising 9th Graders
Applications for the Class of 2023 will be available in March 2023.
Eighth graders who attend one of the following schools is eligible to apply:
North Augusta Middle School * Paul Knox Middle School
Langley-Bath-Clearwater Middle School * Leavelle McCampbell Middle School
Merriwether Middle School